|Title:||Web Developer Intern|
If you are looking for a paid internship for the summer where you aren’t stuck in a cube testing code, this is the job for you. WingSwept will provide you real world experience with writing code, gathering requirements, interacting with clients and investigating new technologies. There is no doubt that you will gain real world knowledge in your field that will help you excel in your future classes and jobs. WingSwept has an opening for a self-motivated web developer intern to work with WingSwept’s internal and external projects for the purposes of handling Web and database related programming projects. This is a temporary hourly position.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Requirements collection and analysis for Web and database development projects
- Web and database development for internal and external projects
- Testing and quality assurance tasks related to internal and external projects
- Data entry tasks associated with internal and external projects on a limited basis
- Technical architecture recommendations to senior programmers for consideration
- Maintenance and updates to internal and external client sites
- Documentation and versioning of code and files generated
- Update knowledge base in order to provide continuity among other company personnel
- Investigate new technologies for use internally and in client environments
- Must be a US Citizen able to pass a US government background check (see eligibility requirements: http://www.dss.mil/about_dss/news/20130919.html).
- High school diploma, at least two years of secondary education preferred
- Must be able to work a 20 hour per week schedule.
- Exceptional programming skills in a Java and MySQL environment
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Firm understanding of the configuration of basic web architectures
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interactions with customer
- Local candidates only: NC Triangle area