|Title:||Market Research Intern|
If you are looking for a paid internship for the summer and fall of 2019 where you can gain real world experience analyzing industry verticals and evaluating business opportunities, this opportunity is for you. The Market Research Intern will reside within the Marketing department and will lead a project locating and consolidating multiple data sources to identify potential customers. They will also contribute to competitive analyses and market studies across multiple company verticals.
We are seeking a self-starting, goal-oriented individual who is unafraid of spreadsheets, possesses an analytical mindset and has an interest in business strategy and marketing and sales processes. The Market Research Intern will learn how to creatively locate data sources, defend product recommendations and support product sales objectives. This is a paid position that requires 20 hours a week.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
- Self-managing a lead generation project for one or more markets served by WingSwept
- Identifying multiple data sources for answers to complex questions
- Gathering and standardizing data from the internet, government agencies and other sources
- Building and supporting actionable recommendations based on market and marketing research
- Learning how to systematically convey research results to supervisor(s) and the corporate Leadership Team
- Alignment with WingSwept’s core values of being Honest, Eager, Accountable, Respectful and Team Player
- Positive attitude and desire to grow business knowledge and acumen
- Capability to regularly meet monthly goals and support team-wide objectives when necessary
- Qualitative, analytical mindset with an attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (some experience with formulas and data filtering preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Beneficial but not required: Writing experience, including journalism or business writing
- High school diploma, at least two years of secondary education preferred
- Desire to gain experience!