Are you looking for an entry level accounting position to grow your career at a company where you’re treated like family? WingSwept is seeking to add a full- or part- time Accounting Clerk to our growing team. Named to Inc. Magazine’s nationwide “Best Workplaces” list in 2018 and holding a 5 star employer rating on Glassdoor, we take great pride in our unique company culture and every employee who makes WingSwept a great place to work. Compensation for the entry level Accounting Clerk position includes a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits, including profit sharing and a fully-vested 401(k) with matching contributions.
This position will report directly to our Director of Finance and handle many day-to-day accounting responsibilities, working closely with the rest of the finance team.
Our ideal candidate:
We’re looking for someone who has a strong work ethic, is a great communicator, and has an affinity for organization and process. Our ideal candidate can tackle new problems using the tools at their disposal and can successfully remedy issues by following established processes. The candidate we select for this position will stand out for their overall great attitude and desire to learn by doing. We would like to hire someone to work a 40 hour schedule, but we are open to filling this position with the right candidate who can work a regular weekly schedule of at least 20 hours.
- Alignment with WingSwept’s core values of being Honest, Eager, Accountable, Respectful and a Team Player
- High school diploma with at least two years of accounting-specific education or work experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is required
- Firm understanding of basic accounting principles
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and competent in basic math
- Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a calm demeanor
- Firm grasp of technology and how to use MS Office products
- Must be able to work a regular schedule between 20 and 40 hours per week
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test