|Title:||System Administrator / Network Engineer|
Brief Company Description
WingSwept is a fast-paced web / technology consulting firm dealing with a large cross section of projects and industries. WingSwept’s portfolio of clients includes small & medium sized businesses, non-profits, educational institutions, federal government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. WingSwept is involved locally through its Network Support division in managing computer systems and corporate network infrastructure components for small business customers ranging from 10-200 computers with clients in multiple states.
WingSwept has an immediate opening for a self-motivated system administrator / network engineer to work with WingSwept’s clients in order to resolve technical PC, server, and network related issues. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits to include training opportunities, profit sharing, bonuses, paid time off, health insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions and flexible work schedule. The ideal candidate for this position will have an affinity for computers and a broad knowledge of various computer systems and how they work. The ideal candidate will also have a thirst for knowledge and a quick ability to tackle new problems by using available research tools to successfully remedy issues with little supervision. The most successful candidates will have done PC/Network support work for small business customers previously either on the side or as part of their duties for another company.
The responsibilities of the position may include:
- Provide remote and on-site PC, server, and network support to a growing list of clients
- Install, configure and maintain desktop, server and network appliance equipment
- Troubleshoot and solve PC, server, and network issues
- Manage backup schedules and rotations and ensure integrity of backups
- Update knowledge base in order to provide continuity among other company personnel
- Maintain software configuration management as well as hardware inventories for accounts
- Investigate new technologies for use internally and in client environments
- Monitor internal and client services for any possible issues and provide issue resolution
- Interact with clients over the phone and in person in a professional and respectful manner
- Implement and manage storage and virtualization solutions
- Must be a US Citizen able to pass a US government background check
- High school diploma, at least two years of secondary education preferred
- Must be able to work a full-time 40 hour work week which will include after hours support
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation for travel as far as 75 miles from the office
- Exceptional computer and system administration skills on Microsoft based clients and servers
- Firm understanding of the configuration of basic networking components and peripherals
- Good verbal and written communication skills for interactions with customers on a daily basis both in person and on the phone
Extra consideration given for the following:
- Previous experience as a system administrator or equivalent role
- Intricate knowledge/experience with PC and server hardware diagnostics, repair, and installation
- Expertise with MS SBS Server, MS Exchange, ConnectWise, and Kaseya
- CompTIA Network+, Security+, and Microsoft certifications
- Experience with SonicWALL and or Cisco firewalls and other appliances
- Understanding of the fundamentals of DNS, especially as related to mail servers
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix based operating systems and system administration
- Experience with phone wiring and phone switch installation / programming / maintenance
Salary will be determined based on the qualifications of the candidate. Salary histories and references are required. Consideration may be given to exceptionally qualified individuals who meet the overwhelming majority of the extra consideration requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.